Privacy Notice of Dunster Show Society
1. Our registered address is 8 The Parade, Minehead, TA24 5UF.
2. We are a Charity registered with the Charities Commission (No. 1167137).
3. The Data Controller is the Membership Secretary/Treasurer of Dunster Show Society and can be contacted at the above address.
4. Any complaints about our use of data, requests for copies of that data and any issues with its collection, retention and disposal should be addressed to the Data Controller at the above address.
5. We are a membership organisation.
6. This Notice describes the information we may collect about you, how it is used or shared by us and your rights in this regard.
7. The information we hold about you is provided to us by you, or third parties with your consent or on some other lawful basis, in the course of our legitimate interests as a membership organisation and Charity providing services to its members, sponsors, advertisers, competitors and trade stand customers.
8. We only collect data about you that you provide to us or that we request from you save as outlined in paragraph 16 below.
9. We only hold data if we have a lawful basis for doing so.
10.The data we keep is limited to the data we need to undertake our role as a Society and as a Charity.
11.All organisations that process personal data must only do so for a lawful reason. We therefore only hold and/or process data for one of the following reasons:
12.1. With your consent;
12.2. To perform or anticipate entering into a contract;
12.3. To fulfill a legal obligation;
12.4. To protect vital interests of a data subject or another;
12.5. To perform a task in the public interest or in an official capacity;
12.6. In furtherance of legitimate interests of ourselves or a third party.
12.You have the right to be informed about the information we hold about you and what we use it for; you can ask for a copy of any the personal information we hold; you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies; you can ask us to stop sending you information and in some circumstances you can ask us to delete all personal data we hold on you before we delete it.
13.Most of the information we hold is on the basis of your consent; in furtherance of a contract or anticipation of entering in to one, or on the basis of a legitimate interest.
14.Information that details your rights in this regard can be found on the website of the Information Commissioners Office. If you are unhappy with how we deal with you, you can complain to them.
15.To request access to that outlined at paragraph 7 above please contact us at the address above or through contact details on our website.
16.We may contact you in such a manner and for purposes that you would reasonably expect us to do so.
17.We will retain your data unless you ask us to delete it for as long as it needs to be held in furtherance of our charitable objectives; for necessary administrative purposes; in furtherance of any legal obligation we hold and if there are overriding business interests, such as the safety and security of others to do so.
18.We will share your personal information internally and with third parties and other stakeholders, including government departments held in furtherance of our charitable objectives; for necessary administrative purposes; in furtherance of any legal obligation we hold and if there are overriding business interests, such as the safety and security of others to do so.
19.Our website uses “cookies” for analytical purposes. Through their use we are able to track visitors to our website to improve the user experience. Although it traces IP addresses, all personal data other than the address
is not collected.
20.We have a Data Protection Policy that can be inspected upon reasonable request.
21.This policy may be updated from time to time. If it is an announcement will be made on the website.
The Membership Secretary/Treasurer
Dunster Show Society
25th May 2018